Destination Travel Puzzle - 500+ or 1000+ pieces - Extremely hard
Discount Code BF2020 saves an additional 25% on all orders over $25 Precio unitario por
If you thirst for challenging puzzles, you've come to the right spot.
Our puzzles are difficult to extremely difficult. The images on each puzzle come from internationally known nature photographers. The colors are vibrant and the scenes are complex.
HOLIDAY NOTE: because each puzzle is made to order, they puzzles are taking up to two weeks to produce. We will happily gift wrap your puzzle and ship it to its destination at no extra charge. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.
- Birds on Beach - Spring Sunset from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Aussie Glow Cave - Tamborine Mountain Glow Worm Cave, Queensland Australia
- Budapest Ceiling - St. Stephen's Basilica, Budapest Hungary
- Prague Stained Glass - Praha Train station Stained Glass as a tribute to Nikola Tesla (not the Elon Musk Tesla)
- Czech Staircase - Staircase found in the Cathedral of Assumption of Our Lady in Kutna Hora, Czech Republic
- Oceanside Pier - Sunset at Pier in Oceanside, California
- Oregon Coast - Coastal Sunset in Oregon
- Florence Ceiling - Ceiling at The Basilica di Santa Croce, Florence Italy
- Milan Glass Ceiling - glass ceiling at the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, Italy's oldest active shopping mall and a major landmark of Milan, Italy
- Wyoming Ranch - Sunset at a ranch in Daniel Wyoming
- California Superbloom - the flower fields in Riverside California during the colorful 2018 Superbloom
- Amsterdam Cheese and Mushrooms - two vendors selling their delicious goods at the Norderkirk market in Amsterdam
- Florence Rain - a rainy spring morning around the Duomo
- Gold Coast Australia City Scape - a stormy coast looking south towards Gold Coast city scape
Why so expensive? Each puzzle is created as you order it for the highest quality and to help us reduce our carrying cost. This is a new product so sales are helping us do market research. Delivery time can be as short as two weeks, but we are also in unprecedented times and we have to consider longer production and shipping times.
So, why puzzles? Puzzles are a great family activity or solo pastime. Whether your puzzle of choice is a 1,000-piece jigsaw, the New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle, a wood brain teaser, or a 3D mechanical puzzle, doesn't really matter because all puzzles share one key element, they power your brain.
We all know that puzzles are incredibly beneficial for children because of the physical and cognitive brain skills they foster but did you know that adult brains can benefit from puzzles too?
There are seven specific ways that puzzles are good for your brain. So, clear off your coffee table, sharpen your pencils and get ready to boost your mind.
1. Puzzles Exercise Both Sides of Your Brain
The two hemispheres of your brain control different functions. The left side of your brain controls analytic and logical thinking and the right-side controls creativity. When you are working on puzzles, you are engaging both sides and giving your brain a real mental workout.
2. Puzzle Improve Your Memory
Working on puzzles reinforce the connections between our brain cells – and form new ones – so they are a great way to improve short-term memory. We use memory in the process of completing a jigsaw puzzle when we remember shapes, sizes, and pieces and visualize where they fit in. Studies have shown that the growth of new brain connections that are formed to help reduce the amount of brain damage in Alzheimer's patients.
3. Puzzles Improve Your Problem-Solving Skills
The ability to solve problems and think critically is useful in almost any life situation and puzzles help us develop these skills. Since puzzles require us to take different approaches to solve them, we learn how to work by trial and error, formulate and test theories, and how to change tracks if not successful according to USA Today.
4. Puzzles Improve Visual and Spatial Reasoning
You need to be able to look at individual parts of a jigsaw puzzle, or available spaces in a crossword puzzle and figure out how to fit the pieces or words into their space. If done regularly, according to USA Today, this will improve your visual and spatial reasoning skills and that translates into being a better driver and can make you a Tetris-like packer (especially when loading your car to take a college-age child to school).
5. Puzzles Enhance Your Mood
One of the brain benefits of puzzles is that they increase the production of dopamine, a neurotransmitter that regulates mood, memory, and concentration. Dopamine is released with every success as we solve the puzzle. No wonder puzzles are so much fun!
6. They Lower Your Stress Levels
Puzzles invigorate our brains, but they are also very relaxing. While we are concentrating on how to solve the puzzle, our minds are only on one task and that encourages our brains to go into a meditative state. This leads to a better mindset and better stress coping skills.
7. They can Improve Your IQ Score
Since puzzles can improve our memory, concentration, vocabulary, and reasoning skills it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that they also raise our IQs. A study at the University of Michigan showed that doing puzzles for at least 25 minutes a day can boost your IQ by 4 points.